“I LOVE TAKING AN IDEA… TO A PROTOTYPE AND THEN TO A PRODUCT THAT MILLIONS OF PEOPLE USE.” – SUSAN WOJCICKI
The unique combination of wide-ranking experience, highly engaged expert engineers, excellent quality and extremely competitive pricing makes iLumTech an unequalled partner for your prototyping needs. Conveniently located in the centre of Europe, our flexible approach allows us to provide exceptional prototyping services that are tailored to meet any possible project requirements. An excellent quality hand in hand with on time delivery is what we have focused our prototyping services on. We have at hand a state-of-the-art prototype workshop where we can create prototypes with a near identical finish to a final product within very short timeframes. Furthermore, our mechanical workshop is equipped with an exhaustive range of traditional machines for turning, milling, cutting, bending and welding, enabling us to also create functional prototypes with just a few days. Our ability to provide functional prototypes at early stages of development guarantees high project flexibility and minimal investment as every property and mechanism of a product is thoroughly put through its paces before tooling, which minimises losses.
Imagine whatever you want… We do the rest!
CNC Machining (Milling and Turning)
Functional and accurate parts with high mechanical and thermal resistance
At iLumTech we use advanced equipment to provide the best CNC machining services – Rapid Prototype Machined Parts, Rapid Production Machined Parts. CNC Machining is a fast, accurate, robust, and cost-effective part fabrication option that allows for the creation of parts made from production grade materials. We machine parts from many different plastics and metals with speciality materials available upon request. With a wide selection of post-machining finishes offered, CNC machining is a very versatile option. CNC machined parts can be directly used for testing in real-world environments.
- High precision, accuracy, and repeatability of CNC parts
- Fast, accurate and competitively priced
- Low investment in tooling or preparation costs
- Extensive range of metal and plastic materials
- Prototypes and low to mass volume production runs
- Scalable volumes from one to one-hundred thousand
- Possibility to produce also large parts (max. 3500 mm x 2500mm x 1200 mm)
- 3-, 4-, and 5- axis CNC technology
3D Printing (SLA, SLS)
Makes a three-dimensional solid object directly from a CAD model.
3D printing technology opened the doors to previously unimaginable possibilities. As the 3D printing industry has evolved, iLumTech has consistently invested in 3D printing technology and developed related know-how. We now offer both SLA and SLS manufactured prototypes and parts. The best method depends on the part required, a decision we can help you make based on our knowledge and experience.
Offers perfect accuracy with an excellent surface finish.
SLA (Stereolithography) is an additive technology that allows you to print 3D models of parts direct from a CAD file in a matter of hours. SLA parts are incredibly accurate and provide the finest surface finish available via current 3D printing technologies. It works by fusing a liquid resin together via combination of computer-controlled lasers and mirrors. SLA is widely used for conceptual designs, product verification, and form, fit,and functional tests.
- 3D models made directly from CAD files in just a few hours
- Smooth surface finish
- Excellent feature detail
- Short lead times
- Wide variety of material and post-processing options
- Build Envelope 450 x 450 x 300 mm, resolution +/- 0,05 mm
- Materials: EP06, Somos 14120, and others on request
Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) Prototype
Quick, three-dimensional parts made from powdered materials
SLS (Selective Laser Sintering) is a 3D Printing technology similar to SLA but works by fusing or sintering a powdered material together via a highly accurate computer controlled laser and mirror system. Selective Laser Sintering is a fast and accurate prototyping technology producing durable parts quickly and cost-effectively. Using a laser as the power source to sinter powdered material, it binds the material together to create a solid structure. It is a convenient and financially viable way to make prototypes as well as finished products. The parts need little post-process finishing and are suitable for a wide range of applications.
- Durable, functional parts with highly complex geometries
- Smooth and accurate plastic and metal parts with very tight tolerances (+/- 0,1 mm)
- High mechanical and thermal resistance
- Each part is cleaned and polished
- Wide variety of materials and post-processing options
- Used materials: PA13, PA12+GF, and others upon request
- Short lead times
FDM (Fused Deposition Modelling)
Functional prototypes and parts made layer-by-layer from engineering-grade thermoplastics.
FDM (Fused Deposition Modelling) is an additive manufacturing technology that offers functional prototypes from ABS, and other materials directly from a 3D CAD file. Thermoplastics are heated past their glass transition temperatures and deposited in thin layers by an extrusion head following a path determined by CAM. The parts are built from the bottom up, which offers great versatility. Perfect for rapid modelling and prototype applications, it can even be used to create some production parts and is frequently used for analysis and concept visualisation.
- Materials can be high strength
- Cost-effective process with short lead times
- Dimensional stability
- Impact, temperature, and water resistance
- Materials: PLA and ABS 1.75 mm and 3.0 mm
- Multiple material colours available
An extended prototyping method typically used for making small quantities of functional prototypes from polyurethanes.
Vacuum Casting is a widely used prototyping process ideal for making small quantities of self-coloured functional prototypes from polyurethane resins. The urethane casting process utilises vacuum forming, which ensures a high degree of conformity. Our engineers optimise each individual step of the process to minimise gas porosity. Cast parts can be produced with a wide range of surface finishes, colours, and transparencies. Vacuum Casting is an ideal low-cost solution for pre-production testing.
- The perfect solution for one-offs in silicone or rubber, parts with complex geometries, and low volume production
- Attractively priced with short lead times
- Parts can be self-coloured and with high degree of conformity
- Large range of colours, transparencies, and finishes available, including texture finishes
- Max. size: 2500 x 1000 x 1000 mm
- Materials: Massive range of PU resins
Highly complex parts without expensive and time consuming production tooling
iLumtech provide prototype or volume machined parts in a massive range of materials. Our specialist workshop for CNC milling and turning, EDM, wire erosion and surface grinding allowing us to accommodate almost any prototyping and machining requirements and all manner of precision machining parts.
- Aluminium, brass, copper, stainless steel
- Single- or multi-stage metal forming operations, ideal for volume production due to low tooling costs
Sheet metal work
- Laser cutting, wire cutting, CNC punching, CNC folding, bending, shearing, stamping, drilling, tapping, countersinking, counterboring, and laser welding
- Sheet metal parts customised regarding thickness, tolerance, and quantity
- Ferrous / non-ferrous materials
Handmade Sculpturing and mock-ups
Full-sized replica, in order to verify the dimensions, overall impression, and shapes
There are some projects and products that still require the skill and finesse of the human hand. Our accomplished sculptors and fabrication artists can recreate your design from a few simple sketches. In the case of clay models these can then be vacuum cast in PU materials to offer a more finished model.
- Handmade models for presentation purposes
- Material: styrofoam, gypsum, paper, wood, etc.
Finishing and Post-Processing
Impressively realistic prototypes
- Dust free paint rooms, hand finishing zones, sand and bead blasting areas, silk printing equipment
- Finishing according to Pantone and RAL colour standards
- Mold-Tech and VDI finishes on metal and plastic parts
- Chrome painting, anodising, heat treatments, zinc and other metal plating/coating, powder coating, water transfer painting, metallising