The iLumTech motto “innovation ahead” was brought to life around 15 years ago. Today, we are a market-leading independent research and development centre in Central Europe. For a global client base, we develop luminaires and components from optical systems to digital control devices for professional illumination. With more than 60 employees, we place great importance on the development of a balanced relationship between technological innovation, modern design, and customer-friendly practices, alongside consistently high quality standards. To strengthen our team we are looking for a new associate on full time job as
Mechanical engineer – senior
- Proposing mechanical solutions for mainly LED based lumianires
- Design and implement reliable and consistent performing solutions
- Recommending modifications following prototype test results
- Working with other professionals, within and outside the engineering sector
- Considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constrains
- Creating 3D models and 2D drawings of mechanical parts and standard components
- Mechanical BOM creation and management
- Work across company functional organizations to ensure project success
- Perform complex engineering analysis and simulations using theory and experience
- Work directly with Manufacturing Operations and Engineering to ramp new products and processes into production.
- Work closely with other engineering disciplines to optimize system design for performance and cost.
- Interface with suppliers to evaluate second sources and resolve technical issues that may arise in development and to improve cost and quality of designs
- Maintains professional and tecical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies
- Support customer in regards questions about manufacturability and other technical questions
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost and maintenance requirements of designs or applications
- University – Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of detailed, hands on mechanical design experience.
- Proofed leading cababilities of small engineering teams or groups
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple development projects simultaneously.
- Resourceful, hands-on, problem solving individual with initiative and drive to work around technical obstacles.
- Self Starter, capable of keeping up with a fast development pace.
- Experience with solid modeling software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- English (min. A2), native Slovak speaking
- Self-starter with strong personal work ethic. Must have a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Thorough understanding of lighting system specifications and applications.
- Experience designing Solid State LED Lighting products.
- Strong simulation and modeling experience.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver innovative solutions that continually raise the bar.
We cover a variety of activities with ever-growing requirements within a highly-motivated and connected team. If you are a team-player, customer-focused, and interested in a new challenge, we look forward to receiving your complete application including salary expectations and possible start date. Please send your documentation to iLumTech, Ms. Mária Romanová, firstname.lastname@example.org.