Ilumtech – innovation ahead
WELCOME TO ILUMTECH
iLumTech is a research and development company that blends technology, creativity, and engineering to help customers transform their ideas into world-class products and solutions that follow global trends, focus on energy efficiency and cost reduction, and ensure wellbeing for all.
Innovation and creativity
iLumTech innovates lighting, optical, and electronic products for various sectors including the lighting, consumer products, entertainment, transport, and security industries. The convergence of technologies, industries, and markets presents exciting opportunities that challenge companies to innovate and deliver new and enhanced products and services.
Engineering for a wide variety of industries
iLumTech is uniquely positioned within the research and development field thanks to decades-proven capabilities in luminaire, technology, and user experience design, development, and engineering for a wide variety of industries. We leverage this valuable skill set to help our customer create exceptional products, services, and experiences that drive their strategic growth.
Our “transformation” approach supports and suggests developments and innovations that are needed to secure effective, equitable, and practically viable solutions for some of the world’s most urgent sustainability issues including energy consumption, climate change, use of renewable energy sources, and successful international cooperation in these areas. We believe in the importance of trans-industry research and collaboration with scientific and technical institutes and development experts to advance and bolster scientific knowledge, technology acquisition, sustainability, and effective communication.
Research and development
We are a market-leading independent research and development centre located in Central Europe. With almost 90 engineers, extensive expertise across optical, thermal, electronic, and mechanical engineering as well as software and hardware design, we are in a position to provide uniquely comprehensive services. We listen to and follow the needs of customers and use our experience to offer the most flexible support.
SCIENTIFIC INSTITUTE AND RESEARCH PARTNERS
- Slovak Academy of Science SAS, Bratislava, Slovakia
- Institute of Construction and Architecture SAS, Bratislava, Slovakia
- Slovak University of Technology, Bratislava, Slovakia
- Universitas Tyrnaviensis – Trnava University, Trnava, Slovakia
Fully equipped laboratory
We have some of the best-equipped laboratories in Europe, and can provide customers with an array of optical, thermal, electronic, and mechanical tests side-by-side with many other services. Performance of pre-certification tests acts as the base for CE declaration of conformity and assures positive results from the certification authority.
- Electrotechnical Testing Institute, Prague, Czech Republic
- Electrotechnical Research and Projecting Company, Nova Dubnica, Slovakia
- TÜV Rheinland InterCert Kft, Division MEEI, Hungary
- VDE Institute, Germany
- UL, Germany
UNIQUE, READY TO USE PRODUCTS
We bring to the market a range of unique lighting control devices under the brand name Connected Lighting, as well as original Optical Solutions and innovative LED Units. All are suitable for a wide range of customers including lighting, non-lighting, and component manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers, installation companies, and end users.
industry & alliance partners
- Joanneum Research, Austria
- Infineon Technologies, Germany
- DALI, Germany
- IQ RF, Czech
- AMS, Austria
- Solchip, Netherlands
906 02 DOJČ 419, SLOVAKIA
- 1996 sqm engineering and laboratory premises
- 4 storey building including basementlevels building
- 304 sqm prototyping workshop
- 500 sqm parking and outside area
- 89 internal and external engineers
- 15 years experience
- Turnkey full luminaire development
- Optical design and laboratory services, lens manufacture
- Electronic design and laboratory services, DALI testing, electronic production
- Hardware, software, labware and firmware design
- Industrial design and product promotion
- Mechanical engineering
- Thermal design and laboratory services
- Prototyping (3D printing, 3D milling, and electronic, optical, and mechanical prototyping)
- Research and advisory services
- Control and sensing devices for luminaires
- Internet of things devices
- DALI Power Line Communication
- Optical components for the lighting industry
- 3in1 LED units for the lighting market
- Streetlighting management system
- Lighting industry
- Broadcast and consumer electronics
- Power generation
- Security and embedded surveillance
- Medical industry and healthcare
Street Lighting and City Management System
SYNAPSE developed by iLumTech is an innovative, intelligent, and dynamic smart city control and monitoring system. It provides city administrators with comprehensive control of street illumination with additional functions: environmental and traffic sensing, security management and town management providing also data mining and recording for the whole sensor network. City lighting as well as many other functions can be controlled based on the collected data, which is received and analysed by the SYNAPSE software, and presented as understandable and actionable information. It can be used not only in cities, but as well in factories, horticultural application, warehouses, industrial areas etc.
LIGHT MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
iLumTech supports companies in the development of lighting management systems for both indoor and outdoor application where anything from dimming through programming to data measurement and utilisation is needed. Such applications include street lighting management, home automation, industrial control systems for warehouse, agricultural premises, and factories, as well as for hospitals and offices.
Our expertise in the fields of general, street, medical, airport, retail, ambient, and other types of lighting enables us to provide development of lighting systems according to specific request based on desired efficiency, glare, and light distribution parameters. All development takes into account also production possibilities and costs.
Development includes software, firmware, and hardware design for wireless or wired control devices, sensors, commissioning and programming tools, gateways and interfaces, specific power regulators, LED drivers, and Tunable White controllers all based on customer requirements and in accordance with valid protocols (DALI, Zigbee, Bluetooth, etc).
power management systems
Within our scope of development lays also low-power and low-voltage systems like energy harvesting solutions that use PV cells to power environmental sensors, energy harvesting sensors, off-grid wireless sensors, energy storage solution for eco-friendly devices, and self-powered systems with reliable energy storage, etc.